It’s On Us
It’s On Us is an education-based campaign focusing on sexual assault awareness and prevention on college campuses. It’s On Us advocates for a cultural shift surrounding sexual assault, by identifying what sexual assault is and situations in which it is beneficial to step in and prevent sexual assault from happening. NC State University has collaborated with the White House and the National Campus Leadership Council to implement the campaign.
The student body, faculty, staff, and administration have worked together to assert that it is on us, all of us, to ensure that every member of the Wolfpack community is educated on sexual assault and that every victim has the resources they deserve. Since the campaign launch in September 2014, hundreds of NC State students, faculty, and staff have taken the pledge at itsonus.org and participated in a campus-wide PSA. Join us for the Week of Action, October 10-14th, and take the pledge today!
NC State It’s On Us Campus PSA 2016
Featuring original music by NC State student and rising music star: Sonny Miles (Jordan Williams)
NC STATE IT’S ON US CAMPUS PSA 2014
It’s On Us National Week of Action
View the flyer
- Tabling, Bake Sale, & Music Video Premiere | Talley Dining Area | Monday, October 10th | 11:00am-2:00pm
- These Hands Don’t Hurt | Women’s Center | Tuesday, October 11th | 11:00am-1:00pm
- Bystander Behavior 101 Workshop | Women’s Center | Tuesday, October 11th | 6:00pm-7:00pm
- Poetic (Social) Justice: A Night of Slam Poetry with the two-time National Slam Poet Winner Guante | Talley Ballroom | Wednesday, October 12th | 6:30pm-8:30pm
- It’s On Us Call to Action | Stafford Commons | Thu., October 13th | 6:00-7:30pm
- Feminist Friday | Women’s Center | Friday, October 14th | 12:00-1:00pm
- To RECOGNIZE that non-consensual sex is sexual assault.
- To IDENTIFY situations in which sexual assault may occur.
- To INTERVENE in situations where consent has not or cannot be given.
- To CREATE an environment in which sexual assault is unacceptable and survivors are supported.
Link to take the It’s On Us pledge
- Sexual Assault Facts
- It’s On Us national website: itsonus.org
- Download the NC State Guides App, select “Sexual Violence Information and Resources”
- NC State Title IX Website
- NoMore.org website
- Social media suggestions: #ItsOnUs, @NCState, #NoMore
It’s On Us events are logistically coordinated by SG University Affairs.